Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

E-HIV and The Lands of Confusion

Had my bloods taken last week - they've set me up on this Option E thing they offer at the Victoria Clinic, whereby they email through your CD4 count and Viral Load without you having to go into the clinic. Of course (as happened with that odd result at Christmas) they call you in if there's a reason to, but it's more acknowledgement that you're not going to really have much to talk about with a doctor except if you need to start on medication in the first instance and if you're unfortunate enough to develop drug resistance.

This is all good - the nurse who administers Option E is friendly and really helpful, the system seems designed to minimise the need for interference in someone's life, which is good stuff, especially since I'm thinking of leaving London.

I think I need to do some serious research into the implications of attempting to be a migrant from here to Sweden and Australia with the HIV virus within me. I don't know if there's any way around the residency rules banning HIV+ people from settling in Australia... I'd like to find out.

1 comment:

OLY said...

I know that the Immigration people here in Oz take it on a case by case scenario. If you want me to find out more info for you let me know.
Cheers