Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Telling Tales

It's interesting. Nine months on from diagnosis, most of the major Telling People is done, close friends, family and such like, some upsetting and difficult, some of them misguided, but for the main part, no regrets at all.

Disclosed to someone I used to have sex with this morning, which came up because he said, in an avuncular fashion, that he hoped I was taking care on the safe sex front, I said that yes, I was, because I was infected last year somehow. It was, I think, easily done, once he'd said he was sorry to hear that, we moved on to talking about what we were listening to while doing our Saturday morning chores.

At the moment, I like it that way. Sure, in a few years it's going to become an issue, maybe sooner, who knows, but I know I can't predict the future so there's nothing to be gained by fretting at this moment about it all. My future's uncertain on all manner of fronts, job-wise, money-wise, everything, but it'll all work out ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently had an old boyfriend approach me interested in a quickie. I told him my status because I thought this would deter him only to hear him say, "I don't care," then proceeded to say he wanted to bareback.

I just walked away like I didn't know him because I relized I certainly didn't know him and probably never did during the year I dated him.