Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Medication, woah medication!

It's starting to look like medication is, in fact, what I need. Hmm, maybe the comparison to Roy Castle isn't so good - look where his dedication got him.

I went to the clinic last night to get my bloods done, same as always, and I had a chat to the guy there about it - I've been iller this last six months than I think I can ever remember being. I'm a one-man MRSA factory, too, because I've had about five or six courses of antibiotics in as many months. He seemed to think I was right to bring it up - my last couple of results are in the range where it's worth starting to think about it, but if I'm feeling unwell, then it's a good time to make a start on medication.

Pretty much everyone I've talked to about it has found very few ill effects with their medication - especially people who've started recently, so I'm not worried so much about that; I'd just like to be able to feel well most of the time rather than some of the time and I'd like to know I was that little bit less infectious.

I'm going back in about 10 days to talk to a doctor about which combination is likely to suit me best. Until then I'm going to try not to think about it too much.

1 comment:

Ken Monteith said...

If I can make a recommendation...spend some time thinking about your habits and your lifestyle in preparation for that discussion. That awareness will be really helpful in considering what fits best into your life and will make it easier for you to be adherent to the treatment. Good luck!