Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Healthy Living

I think the low CD4 counts of the last year are starting to be reflected in my overall health. I'm just finished on yet another course of antibiotics for an infection. After all the chest infections, throat infections, upper respiratory tract infections, sinus infections and the like I've had this last year, I've just had an ear infection that took me completely by surprise and managed to burst my eardrum.

Antibiotics have helped and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did. I'm waiting for my hearing to come back, which is happening all too slowly so far, but in the meantime it's kind of floored me, making me think that this might, in fact, be a reflection of my deteriorating health.

I've got more blood tests in a couple of weeks, along with audiology and the rest. I guess it has to happen at some point that I start on medication; I'm starting to wonder if I'd rather get it done now before any other lasting damage is done... it's a bit annoying.

No comments: