Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Disclosure

Talked to my father yesterday about my status. Was very difficult to tell him to his face, with my mother it was electronically and she told my sister, so I didn't have to see the look in his eyes as he tried to deal with the shock without looking too shocked. It was difficult and I found myself talking at a hundred miles an hour to make sure the whole thing seemed ever so breezy and that it was nothing to worry about.

That he knows is a good thing, but I think I'll feel better once I know he's taken the information in and been able to process it a little bit. Don't know why, but I didn't give him this blog's address just yet, but I will in time. Through his partner, I can get lots of acupuncture, which is meant to be really beneficial, but the main thing is for me to try to make sure my father is okay. It can't be easy for him to hear about my status and I'm five months ahead in processing that information now, it's probably healthy for me to be reminded that it's not all good news and pride about how much I go to the gym at the moment, but that it's still not something to be happy about.

No comments: