Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy Christmas, Mum - I have AIDS!

Well, not quite, but I do feel a certain amount of guilt for disclosing to my mother this close to Christmas, but she could tell something was wrong and I was low and tired, so I yielded when she insisted I tell her what's up. I hope, I really hope it's not going to turn out to be the wrong choice and that the family will be supportive and understanding, which seems to be the case so far, but I'll probably have to spend some time with them explaining exactly what an HIV diagnosis actually means in practical, experiential terms. When I have a home internet connection, I'll be able to devote more time to this blog and to putting in things like that, to help explain what it's meant, but in the meantime, this blog remains the record of what HIV has meant so far.

No comments: