Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Fuck.

After having done my research and thought that I would have a few years before I had to even think about getting medical intervention, my doctor just phoned me to let me know my results. My CD4 count is half that it was at my first test and my viral load is more than 3 times what it was. The viral load change isn't significant, but when CD4 attrition is usually about 40 points in a year, to go from around 520 to 280 within 4 months doesn't bode well at all for me. I'll get retested in the new year to confirm, but it does mean a very harsh decision for me to make about state intervention in my life and what that means for my prognosis.

And there was me telling my beloved friend none of it mattered. Suddenly I'm the one frightened and uncertain and he's the one heading home contentedly and I'm still so certain there's no difference between us? Fuck.

No comments: