Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Playing Doctors And Nurses

I had my first medical appointment last week. In the end, like with most things on this front so far, it was a period of anxious anticipation followed by vague disappointment and confusion after the appointment at what any of it actually means in practical terms. In essence, I found out nothing that I hadn't inferred from the blood test results that had been given to me the week before. I have slightly high cholesterol, my liver was a tiny bit strained, probably from having had a drink the day before or something like that, so that's nothing to worry about, my CD4 count is 527 and my viral load is something like 26351, again quite okay. I don't carry toxoplasmosis or CMV, which again makes for a good prognosis.

So yeah, I'm okay, I've got to talk to a dietician and I've got to have an appointment again in three months and other than that, life goes on as normal, unless somehow I can vampire kiss a crocodile some time soon.

2 comments:

Redjalapeno said...

Good Luck to you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.