Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update

So, there's news. I've not been brilliantly well lately - I've been off work for about three weeks so far, which kind of bites when you're freelance, but it's giving me the excuse to start a career change I've wanted for some time. I'm still not over the sinus problems; many rounds of antibiotics and it's just not shifted, so I'm on a raft of tablets every morning. So, when my result came back as CD4 at 365 and VL at 25,500 and my doctor said it might be time, I was inclined to agree with him. So, on June the eleventh, I will be going to the Start Clinic to get started on medication. As a bit of a precautionary measure, I've booked myself in to see a psychologist to talk through some of the issues I have about self-image and that feeling of being a risk to my boyfriend and the like as well as to talk through adjusting to being on medication.

I'm getting an enormous amount of support at the moment. My boyfriend is amazing, my friends are all wonderfully caring and I'm always really pleased with how kind the people at the clinic and also at acupuncture are with me. I don't think I'm going to face any enormous trouble starting on medication, but not being able to go back to the job I wanted to leave anyway is going to pose some interesting challenges of its own.

It sounds like I'm going to be getting the common or garden combination therapy. I'm hoping it won't make me totally loopy, but if it does, it's not the end of the world.

No comments: